The Dene Tha’ First Nation Admin. Dept. has a full-time position available for a Human Resources Manager. This is a two-year contract position with benefits.
This position is responsible for the administrative direction of all activities of administration personnel. Key areas of responsibility will include the full cycle of recruitment and hiring, policy and procedure development, employee relations, and performance management. The Human Resources Manager should be current with all applicable laws and legislation. This position also administers personnel issues with respect to recruitment, salaries, staff training and safety. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Services and acts as a Human Resource Advisor to the EDO, DTFN management, and administration personnel. This position recognizes employee contributions to the DTFN and identifies human resource opportunities.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures, gaining amendments and approvals as required, including the revision of job descriptions when appropriate
- Administers and adheres to current salary plans for existing and new employees, maintains the existing pay and classification plan; prepares and authorizes payroll changes to reflect new appointments, promotions, and increments
- Provide HR support and guidance to all managers, directors, and employees
- Maintains close liaison with senior managers and EDO to anticipate and respond to personnel issues, making appropriate recommendations and decisions where warranted
- Ensures Disciplinary Process is followed appropriately; Manage the corrective action process with the appropriate Manager / Supervisor to ensure reliable analysis, documentation, and disciplinary actions
- Assist in the completion and tracing of all employee performance reviews and in the setting of performance improvement standards
- Develops annual corporate wide training and continuing education plan for employees, in conjunction with program managers and employees
- Create and maintain training and certification records for all employees, keep employees’ database and records in hard and soft copies
- Manage all terminations accordingly
- Contribute to the organization by building and maintaining positive relationships, helps to encourage teamwork, shares, and rewards outstanding contributions for individual and group efforts
- Accountable for accomplishing strategic human resources objectives and contributing to DTFN initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Grade 12 education combined with a background in Human Resources and /or employee relations; diploma or degree related to Human Resources and Administration fields. CHRP designation is an asset
- Two or more years of relevant experience, preferably in an HR environment
- Good understanding of employee relations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and internet applications
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, people skills, and client service orientation skills
- Ability to collaborate with all members and staff at all levels within the organization, with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with members and respond courteously to all inquires and complaints
- Completion of FOIP and PIPA training
Other requirements: The successful candidate must hold a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and have own transportation and must provide a clear Criminal Record check.
GENERAL OPEN POSTING – Application Open Until a Suitable Candidate is Found
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Personnel Services Coordinator / HR
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 958 High Level, AB T0H 1Z0
Fax: (780) 926-5730
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.