The Dene Tha’ First Nation Health Department is seeking a dedicated and team-oriented Addiction Coordinator to join the team. This is a supervisory position and is responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating prevention programs to meet the members needs within the Nation’s three communities. This is a two-year contract position with a possible extension and comes with competitive benefits and a pension plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the Addiction Counseling and Brighter Futures programs.
- Provide information on available programs and make referrals when needed.
- Maintain an efficient working relationship with Health, Schools, Mental Health – Crisis Counselors, Elders, Traditional teachers, and Child & Family services.
- Facilitate programs and engage Elders to help with Dene Tha’ cultural teachings and healing.
- Organize and plan cultural activities for clients.
- Assist clients to continue with recovery plan after treatment by providing them with life skills, education, and intervention.
- Case management and highly confidential record keeping practice.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget and provide quarterly financial reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in health or social sciences, psychology, health promotion, social work or equivalent combination of education and a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ work-related experience.
- Organization/administrative management, planning, organizing human resources, analytical and communication, and some counseling knowledge and skills required.
- Demonstrate positive role model for staff, clients, and community at large.
- Experience working in an Indigenous community and knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions and values is a definite asset.
- Must be computer literate and have experience with computer software programs.
- First Aid/CPR a definite asset; ability to speak Dene language is also considered an asset.
- Ability to be on-call after hours including weekends.
- Must have own transportation and a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License; provide a clear Criminal Record with a Vulnerable Sector check and a Child Intervention check.
Closing Date: December 12, 2023
Send a cover letter, resume, Criminal Record with a Vulnerable Sector check and Child Intervention check to:
Human Resources Manager
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 958 High Level, AB T0H 1ZO
Fax: (780) 926-5730
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: November 28, 2023