Career Posting : ISETS TechnicianView All Postings
Closing Date: October 18, 2023 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members
1 – Term position for Chateh
1 – Term position for Meander River
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Economic Development Program currently has term positions available for ISETS Technicians for the communities of Chateh and Meander River. These are term positions for approximately 2-3 months. One position is located out of the Administration Office in Chateh and one in the sub-office in Meander River.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Implementing, monitoring, and evaluating activities related to the employment and training needs of the First Nation
- Providing employment counseling, placements, assistance/referrals, job searches and related services to the First Nation members
- Arranging training and job search strategies
- Serving as a liaison for First Nation members with various industries for job and training placements
- Locating funding sources from government, industry, and First Nation programs
- Maintaining a database of employment history, certifications, education/skills of First Nation members
- Performing other related duties as required or assigned by the Ec. Dev. Manager
- Minimum Grade 12 supplemented by a Business Administration certificate
- 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent communication/writing and people skills
- Use of computer systems and applications including Microsoft Office
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
The successful candidate must have reliable transportation with a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License and must provide a Criminal Record check with resume.
Closing Date: October 18, 2023
Send cover letter, resume, and Criminal Record Check to:
Human Resources Manager
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 958 High Level, AB T0H 1Z0
Fax: (780) 926-5730 or (780) 926-2786
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.