Career Posting : Summer Student Program 2017View All Postings
Closing Date: June 19, 2017 5:00 pm
SUMMER STUDENT PROGRAM 2017 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR SUMMER 2017 ELIGIBLE FOR AGES: 15 – 30 YEARS OLD STUDENTS & YOUTHS
There will be various positions available during the summer months for employment for students and youths (must be 15 years old by Sept 1, 2017) and Post-Secondary Students within Dene Tha’ First Nation Communities.
- Community Enhancement Projects and Summer Work Experience Program – various positions within the first nation programs/departments. Placements will be done based on your application assessment. Open to students that are in school.
- Career/Trades/Projects for Skills Link & Mentored Work Positions – various positions within the first nation programs/departments and local businesses/company within the surrounding areas. Placements will be done based on your application assessment with a program/department, or business/company that offers career goals or trades skills. Open to youths that have been out of school or planning to return to school.
- Dedicated, responsible and enthusiastic with high energy.
- Must have a Social Insurance Number
- Be on time and prepared to work every day, be safe at work and practice safety.
- Able to problem solve effectively
- Excellent people skills and service oriented attitude.
- Willing to do different jobs even those that are not your favourites, as assigned by your Supervisor.
- Strong Communication and teamwork abilities (participation and support)
DOCUMENTS: (Submit the following with your application)
- Secondary (Junior High and High School Students) need to submit their last report card marks and attendance records from 2016-2017 school year.
- Post-Secondary Students need to submit their transcripts from 2016-2017 school year.
Application Deadline is Monday, June 19, 2017 at 5:00 P.M.
Application forms available from the Receptionists or Summer Student Supervisors.
Submit applications/resume to:
Andrea Godin, Economic Development Coordinator
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB TOH 0S0
Phone: 780.321.3400 Ext. 3421
Summer Employment Program 2017