Career Posting : Utility Tree Worker and Trimmer CertificationView All Postings
Closing Date: February 16, 2018 5:00 pm
N’deh Limited Partnership is seeking 8 individuals to attend a UTW and Pesticide Applicator Course offered through Olds College. The five-day course will be offered at N’deh Limited offices in Bushe River, AB. You must have your own PPE and own transportation to and from the office.
Must have strong reading and writing skills to complete and pass the UTW certification exam. Course will be held March/April 2018.
What you will learn:
- Safe work near energized lines
- Electrical hazard awareness
- Safety regulations
- Chainsaw operation
- Introduction to Arboriculture
- Ropes, Knots and Rigging
- Tree Climbing/tree rescue
- Aerial Trimming/bucket rescue
- Hazard tree removal
- Job planning and preparedness procedures
Students must bring the following items (Tree Climbing Equipment)s:
- 100-150 feet half inch kernmantle or double braid polypropylene/polyolefin tree climbing rope with a minimum 5400 lbs breaking strength (3 strand is not acceptable)
- Tree climbing belt and safety lanyard, CSA approved
- Tree spurs, CSA approved
- Chainsaw pants or chaps, a required minimum rating of 3600 threshold, CSA, ULC or WCB BC approved
- Gloves, CSA approved
- CSA approved work boots – Sport/street shoes are not acceptable
- Hard hat certified to CSA standard Z94.1-92 (Class E Industrial Headwear) with hearing protection and forestry visor (face protection)
- Separate eye protection to ANSI/CSA standard
- Calculator with basic math functions
- Optional (if possible) – topping saw (light weight) and bucking saw (20” bar)
Only those applicants that meet all the requirements will be contacted, thank you for applying.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL SUITABLE APPLICANTS ARE FOUND.
To Apply, please contact or email resume to:
N’deh Limited Partnership
Fax : 780-926-2006