Career Posting : Senior Operator For Natural Gas System – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: May 7, 2018 5:00 pm
Dene Tha’ Natural Gas Utility, Chateh, Alberta
- The Dene Tha’ Natural Gas Utility (DTNGU) provides operational oversight of natural gas and propane services to three separate communities located in Northwest Alberta – Bushe River, Meander River, and Chateh. Bushe River and Chateh use natural gas while Meander River is supplied with propane. Among the three communities, there are about 350 dwellings along with several larger community facilities such as: Administration Offices, Public Works, schools, health services, community buildings, commercial outlets, etc.
- Historically, one contract operator has supervised and maintained the gas systems for many years on behalf of DTNGU, however this role is currently vacant and DTNGU is willing to consider a person with a natural gas trades background to fill the role as an employee of the utility.
2. Required Duties
DTNGU is seeking a qualified natural gas operator to manage, administer and operate the DTNGU. The following are typical duties, some of which could be minimized depending upon the qualifications of the individual:
- Administration – regular reporting to the DTFN Executive Director of Operations (EDO); general response to member or customer gas service needs and follow-up in solving member or customer needs. Supervision of DTNGU employees.
- Equipment – maintenance and repair of any DTNGU equipment. Currently operators use two light duty trucks and small tools.
- Meter Reading and Collections – carry out gas meter reading according to a repetitive cycle and coordinate submission of readings with the Federation of Alberta Gas Coops Ltd. RUBIS system. Responsible to monitor all customer payments and notifications for turn-off and turn-on of service due to lack of payment.
- Member and Customer Service – respond to service needs on a 24 hour basis. Conduct or oversee minor repairs to heating systems within the scope of the Operator’s certification. All other repairs are conducted by qualified sub-contractors arranged for and supervised by the Operator.
- System Maintenance – to respond to and arrange for repair, upgrade, extensions or individual building service connections either by the Operator or by qualified sub-contractors or supplier of natural gas or propane gas. Location of underground utilities is to be arranged with and verified by Alberta OneCall service. To carry out such maintenance in accordance with best practices and the Federation of Alberta Gas Coops Ltd Operations and Maintenance Manual.
- Safe Work Practices – possess such safety and training certificates related to the designated gas utility operation (e.g. WHIMIS, first aid, confined entry, etc.) and comply with all provisions of the Worker’s Compensation Act, the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations. Additionally, possess the minimum training certificates provided by the Federation of Alberta Gas Coops Ltd. and be committed to enrolling in and completing annual gas operator training programs.
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the DTFN salary grid and benefits plan.
4. Contact and Résumés:
Applicants may “hand-deliver” or email their Résumés prior to the Closing Date of Monday, May 7, 2018 to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation, Box 120 Chateh, Alberta
Phone: (780) 321-3774
Note: Application or resumes is accepted until a suitable candidate is selected. We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.