Career Posting : Senior Accountant – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: August 10, 2018 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ First Nation (DTFN) Administration Department is currently recruiting a Senior Accountant based out of the Administration office in Chateh. The position is full time and offers a competitive benefits package.
This position is responsible for the professional support to the Director of Corporate Services in the evaluation of financial performance, financial control, and internal audit. The Senior Accountant ensures the sound operation of an accounting system resulting in a presentation of DTFN Balance Sheet and Income Statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Providing daily direction to staff regarding all accounting systems, cost effectiveness, and records accuracy
- Balancing general ledger and other subsidiary accounts
- Reconciling and analyzing monthly billing, accounts receivable and general ledger postings and balances
- Providing leadership and acting as a resource person to financial program staff to ensure a high degree of accuracy and completeness
- Initiating, developing , and refining the DTFN financial reporting procedures to ensure monthly financial statements and practices meet the required expectations
- Preparing accounting journal entries and accounting reports within the processes and procedures established by DTFN
- Performing other related duties as required or assigned by the Director
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in commerce or accounting
- Completion of a recognized accounting designation or equivalent (ie) CA, CMA, CGA
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Organizational setting
- Strong, effective financial management skills
- Cash management experience
- Must have a combination of training and experience in the use of computer systems and applications including Microsoft Office and Accpac
- Solid planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
- Effective management, team building, leadership and supervisory strengths
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Familiarity with applicable federal and provincial statutes and some administrative law
- Must be bondable
- Must have a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License and reliable transportation
The successful candidate must provide a clear criminal record check.
Friday, August 10th, 2018
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.