Career Posting : Renovation Projects – Meander River Lead / Hand LabourersView All Postings
Closing Date: September 7, 2018 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ Housing Department is currently offering the following for the upcoming new/renovation projects:
- Lead Hand (Meander River)
- Carpenter Helpers/Labourers (Meander River)
Dene Tha Housing department requires the construction workforce for renovation projects in Meander River for various building construction according to current building standards and codes/regulations.
MAJOR WORK AREAS:
- RENOVATIONS ON EXISTING RESIDENTIAL UNITS
- LEAD HAND: needs to be a Team Leader and Supervise Workers and Projects. Coordinate and Schedule Activities; Ensure Adherences to Safety Standards; Set Up Equipment. Review and Interpret Blue Prints and Specifications; have Knowledge of Building Materials & Its Applications; have Building Knowledge and Maintain Best Practice in Construction and Building Standards. Must have Own Tools to Carry out General Construction Trade.
- CARPENTER HELPERS: positions Require having Previous Residential/Housing Construction Experiences. Must have Own Tools.
- LABOURERS: positions Require having Good Physical Health and Willingness to Work with Construction Crews for an Opportunity to Learn New Building Trade Skills and Experiences. Must have Own Tools.
Lead Hand: Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to Deliver Project Planning and Execution.
- Interpret Blue Prints and Specifications; do Quantity Estimates of Building Materials and Its Applications.
- Knowledge of Current Building Standards & Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ability to Coordinate/Supervise Construction Workforce.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Oral); Knowledge of Conflict Resolution, have Commitment and Perseverance.
- Additional Requirements with Applications: Valid Alberta Driver’s License, Own Transportation/Vehicle and General Construction Tools and Equipment.
Friday, September 7, 2018
Submit a cover letter & resume or application to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, Alberta T0H 0S0
Fax: (780)321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants; however only those selected will be contacted.