Career Posting : Recreation Coordinator – Meander RiverView All Postings
Closing Date: May 23, 2017 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ Recreation Services has a position available to provide recreation services for Meander River. This is a full-time term position with benefits.
The Recreation Services Coordinator is responsible in planning and conducting recreation activities with groups within the community.
- Work in the community assigned to, (Bushe River, Chateh or Meander River) and manage/implement all recreation activities.
- Organize and promote activities such as sports, games, cultural camps, arts, craft, music, drumming, social recreation, hobbies, movie nights, taking into account the needs and interests of children, youth, adults and elders.
- Collaborate within the 3 communities, with other First Nations staff, intra/inter-agencies and volunteers.
- Assess the current recreation activities within the community and make recommendations.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Director of Recreation Services to supervise and monitor progress of activities.
- Participate in networking, training, and workshop to enhance/improve knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Facilitate activities, train athletes, coach sports, and travel with the team and attend cultural camps.
- Other related duties as required or assigned by the DTFN Director of Recreation Services.
- Minimum of Grade 12 and/or previous coaching experience.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office, use of internet, email, etc.
- Possess a valid Alberta Driver’s License and First Aid Certificate.
- Willing and able to travel out of town and on overnights.
- Highly organized and able to work independently and responsibly.
- Having an Aboriginal Coaching Certificate is an advantage.
- Understanding and Speaking the Dene Language is an asset.
The successful candidate must be willing to work irregular hours; after school, evenings, weekends and holidays. Must submit a current Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Clearance Check; and live in the area as travel is not provided.
OPEN TO DENE THA’ FIRST NATION MEMBERS
May 23, 2017 5:00 P.M.
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
Box 120 Chateh, Alberta T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 / 321-3886
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We thank all interested applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.