Career Posting : Project ManagerView All Postings
Closing Date: August 12, 2022 12:00 am
The Dene Tha’ First Nation (DTFN) Infrastructure Services Department is recruiting a Project Manager to oversee the
Nation’s Capital Projects. This position is based out of the DTFN Administration offices in either Bushe River, Chateh or
Meander River. This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package.
The Project Manager, reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership
for infrastructural projects as outlined by DTFN Leadership. This role effectively manages the development and directions
of capital projects to drive community growth, productivity, and quality of life for our members.
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within
scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of
project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrate positive leadership and establish and demonstrate a strong business ethic in relationships with
employees, suppliers, and clients.
• Enhance and develop policies, procedures, and service systems to support the Nation in the pursuit of its goals.
• Conduct meetings and identify opportunities.
• Read and analyze solicitation, proposal documents, and develop proposals.
• Departmental budget preparation and conducting monthly financial assessments.
• Monitor financial performance to ensure the department is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment.
• Analyze and report on the department’s daily, monthly, and annual key performance indicators on industry trends.
• Examine reports (e.g., inventory, sales and daily reports) to determine the operational activities of the Nation and
to maximize performance.
• Ensure that all contractors adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Diploma or degree in operations or project management, business, or a related field.
• 5 or more years previous management experience in a specialized environment with proven leadership abilities.
• Strong leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
• Clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced
by the organization.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management
The successful candidate must have a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License with reliable transportation, and willingness
to travel. Must also provide a clear criminal record check.
Remuneration dependent on qualifications and experience.
Interested parties should forward a detailed resume by Friday, August 12, 2022 @ 5pm to:
Personnel Services Coordinator / HR
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886