Career Posting : Outreach Worker – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: November 19, 2018 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Family & Community Wellness Services Mental Health Program is seeking a Domestic Violence Outreach Worker to fill an available position in the community of Chateh. The position is located out of the Health Centre. This is a full time one year term position with benefits.
- Counsel and assess the needs of clients and make appropriate arrangements for support
- Provide continuing support services where needed
- Maintain efficient working arrangements with resource services (Nursing Station, RCMP, School, etc.); as well as outside agencies
- Develop and promote programs designed to address the areas of need
- Maintain highly confidential records and prepare routine reports for supervisor
- Ability to be on-call including after hours and weekends
- Post-Secondary Education in the field of Health Services or Social Work with a minimum of two years related work experience
- Be very organized with good communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate and have experience with computer software programs
- Ability to have empathy and understanding of why domestic violence takes place
- First Aid/CPR a definite asset
- Ability to speak the Dene language also considered an asset
Additional requirements: Lead an addictions-free lifestyle; hold a valid Alberta Driver’s License; provide a clear Criminal Record Check and a Child Welfare Clearance. Salary dependent on qualification and experience.
Monday, November 19, 2018
Submit resumes to:
Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.