Career Posting : Network TechnicianView All Postings
Closing Date: August 31, 2023 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
Local Open Posting – April 27, 2023
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Administration has a position available immediately for a Network (Computer) Technician. This is a full-time position with benefits. Extensive travel will be required between the communities of Bushe River, Chateh and Meander River.
Under the supervision of the Director of Corporate Services, the Network Technician is responsible for the operation, upkeep and maintenance of all computers, computer networks, Intranet and Internet sites, office equipment and other related technology. With the guidance of the Director, the Network Technician shall coordinate with other department heads to ensure solutions to technology requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ensures the regular backup of files on the network systems and maintaining reliability of such systems
- Ensures all equipment (computer, printers, photocopiers, telephones, cell phones) is maintained in good working condition as well as coordinating any repairs of such equipment as required
- Purchases electronic equipment as required
- Ensures adequate inventory of consumable items related to technology
- Undertakes technical troubleshooting and coordinates outside technical services when required
- Performs website maintenance and development
- Ensures all systems are up to date with necessary virus software and patches as well as software patches as required
- Recommends and implements new technology that will be beneficial to the organization
- Maintains a level of knowledge and expertise that is current with the changing technology, best practices and procedures
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the Director
- A university degree specializing in Information Technology; or an Information Technology diploma from a recognized technical institute; or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum three (3) years of information technology experience
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrate a high proficiency and aptitude in computer skills
- Demonstrated proficiency and reliability in planning, organizing and carrying out multi-task projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability work with the public and staff at all levels within the organization with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment
Other Requirements: The successful candidate must have own transportation, a valid Alberta Driver’s License, and must provide a Criminal Record Check.
CLOSING DATE: Until a suitable candidate is found
Submit resume with cover letter to: Personnel Services Coordinator / HR
Dene Tha First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.