Career Posting : Local Radio Announcers – Bushe River / Meander River / ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: November 19, 2021 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ First Nation has three (3) positions available for Local Radio Announcers. These part-time positions would support the communities of Bushe River, Chateh and Meander River.
- Present music selection, local/regional & global news, sports of interest, weather, time, local traffic/travel conditions, local projects to keep public safely aware, and commercials-in English and Dene
- Announce station program schedule, program updates, local events, cultural activities, and contests
- Announce public service information, comment on important news stories, and take (limited) requests from listeners
- Read prepared scripts on radio regarding COVID-19-in English and Dene
- Keep a log of the station’s daily programming, recorded materials, phone calls and guest speakers
- Provide commentary for audience during cultural events, and on other occasions
- Make promotional appearances at public or other events
- High school diploma or (equivalent)
- Must be pleasant, reliable, with strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Ability to work with computer equipment, various hardware, and websites, or willing to train on the job to learn how to operate audio, production equipment and software
- Ability to work with the public and staff at all levels within the organization with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment
- Read, understand, and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices, procedures, and rules
- Ability to speak and understand the Dene language
The successful candidate(s) must hold a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License and have reliable transportation to be able to work. Must provide a clear Criminal Record Check. Must also provide acceptable proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or provide approved letter of request for accommodation.
Friday, November 19, 2021
Submit resumes to:
Personnel Services Coordinator / HR
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.