Career Posting : Lands Consultation Manager – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: December 23, 2022 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members
LANDS CONSULTATION MANAGER – CHATEH
Local Open Posting – December 7, 2022
The Dene Tha’ First Nation is currently accepting applications to fill the position of a Lands Consultation Manager for the Lands Dept. based out of the Chateh Admin. Office. This is a full-time management (contract) position with benefits.
The Lands Consultation Manager reports to the Director of Lands and is responsible for providing technical expertise relating to DTFN resource activities.
- Works closely with land negotiators to review and interpret incoming agreements, notices, and proposals as well as to clarify contract terms and ensure accuracy in recording information in the DTFN land system
- Acts in the best interest of DTFN to monitor land use agreements
- Assists the Director in developing and implementing sound initiatives for land consultation, oversees the daily activities of staff and contracted services, and prepares and manages operating budgets
- Updates and develops policies and procedures and makes recommendations to the Director
- Consults with the Director and community members to ensure a clear, consistent, and accountable approach to consultation with industry and government that reflects DTFN Sustainability Business Plan and related principles
Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Land Administration related field from a recognized post-secondary institution. Five to seven years of progressive supervisory experience in Land Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, including:
- Strong working knowledge of all standard industry contracts; and lease and contract interpretation and procedures
- Proven ability to deal directly with staff and clients in a courteous and respectful manner
- Solid project management, planning, organizing and critical thinking skills. Effective management, team building, leadership, and supervisory strengths. Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Firsthand application and use of computer systems and applications
- Read, understand, and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices, procedures, and rules
Other requirements: Must have own transportation and a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License and must provide a clear Criminal Record Check. Remuneration dependent on qualifications and experience.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, December 23, 2022
Submit a detailed resume to: Personnel Services Coordinator / HR
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886 Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.