Career Posting : Infrastructure Services Manager – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: September 17, 2021 5:00 pm
Infrastructure Services Manager
The Infrastructure Services Department of the Dene Tha’ First Nation is currently accepting applications to fill a vacant Services Manager position based out of the community of Chateh, Alberta. This full-time management (contract) position with benefits is aimed at enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals that are culturally sensitive and can demonstrate a strong personal work ethic, the ability to work in a team environment, a commitment to delivery of public services, and good quality building construction methods for the DTFN Instructure Services Department.
This is technical, supervisory and administrative work in service delivery within the Dene Tha’ First Nation’s three communities of Bushe River, Chateh and Meander River. As this is in a fast moving and challenging work environment, it entails taking a leadership role where experience with a standard of strong technical skills, and knowledge in the Housing Industry & Civil Works is critical to making the best use of limited resources to successfully run the housing and community infrastructure systems maintenance programs for the DTFN.
The Services Manager reports to the Director of Infrastructure Services and assists the Director in developing and implementing sound initiatives for short and long-term service delivery.
- Arranges and manages various obligations regarding services and suppliers
- Prepares monthly reports, other technical and progress reports
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints specifications and standards
- Coordinates preparation and development of the yearly budgets, work plans and monitors expenditures
- Assigns and supervises work of foremen and subordinate staff
- Studies production schedules and estimates time frames for project completion
- Carries out a variety of administrative and technical projects as assigned
- Interprets and enforces Band policies and safety regulations to workers
- Attends various meetings as required
- Graduate of a 2-year college/technical program, with 3 years related municipal type experience, 3 years’ supervision and equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of current building standards and regulations; occupational hazards and safety regulations; engineering plans and specifications
- Ability to plan and direct the work of subordinate supervisors and staff; write semi-technical reports and correspondence; establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, Council, and other agencies/businesses
- Must be computer literate
Other requirements: A valid Journeyman’s Ticket is an asset; must have own transportation and a valid Alberta Driver’s Licence and must provide a clear Criminal Record Check.
Remuneration dependent on qualifications and experience.
OPEN TO DENE THA’ FIRST NATION MEMBERS
September 17, 2021
Submit a detailed resume to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.