Career Posting : Income Support Worker – Bushe RiverView All Postings
Closing Date: October 5, 2018 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
The Dene Tha’ Got’sats’eni-Dats’e dii Program has a full-time contract position available for an Income Support Coordinator based out of the Four Chiefs Complex in Bushe River.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Review budget and financial statements to ensure conformance with program guidelines
- Submit monthly and annual program reports to the funding agency
- Verify the eligibility of submissions for all special needs requests
- Perform the duties of a Social Allowance Caseworker
- Deliver effective programming by supervising the operation of services provided within the department
- Prepare annual work plans
- Other related duties as required or assigned by the Director of Social Development
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma with post-secondary training
- Previous experience in a social / human services work environment
- Must have excellent communication and written skills
- Must have solid planning, organization and problem-solving skills
- Must have computer systems knowledge and be proficient in Microsoft computer software applications
- Strong ability to deal tactfully with clients in stressful situations
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Ability to speak and understand the Dene language is a definite asset
- Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license and reliable transportation
The successful candidate must provide a clear criminal record check and a Child Welfare clearance check.
October 5, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.