Career Posting : Housing ManagerView All Postings
Closing Date: August 25, 2022 12:00 am
The Dene Tha’ First Nation (DTFN) is currently accepting applications for a Housing Manager. This is a full-time (2-year contract) position with a competitive benefits package and is based out of the Chateh (AB) Administration Office. This position requires extensive experience, technical skills, and knowledge of the housing industry.
Minimum Grade 12 combined with college or technical program training with three years related building construction experience
Five to seven years of progressive supervisory experience, preferably in an operations, utility, or public works environment, including:
- Project planning, estimating, and project management experience in areas of Housing construction and civil works
- Proven ability to deal directly with staff and members in a courteous and friendly manner
- Hands-on application and use of computer systems and applications
- Solid planning, organizing and problem-solving skills. Effective management, team building, leadership, and supervisory skills. Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer services
- Familiarity with building codes and regulations, and sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Act that apply to public works and utilities
- Read, understand, and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices, procedures, and rules
This position is responsible for the planning, coordinating and daily supervision of the activities for the DTFN Housing program including construction of multiple housing and renovation projects within the Nation’s three communities of Bushe River, Chateh and Meander River. Programs such as the housing/building preventative maintenance are under the daily management of this position.
The Housing Manager reports to the Director of Infrastructure Services and assists the Director in developing and implementing sound initiatives for short and long-term service delivery.
- Ensuring that all tasks and projects performed by employees, specialists and contractors are carried out within Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Implementing program and service delivery evaluation procedures, reviews existing trade contracts, and applies current technology to keep activities efficient, effective and customer service oriented
- Determining manpower, equipment and material required to effectively complete assigned tasks in a timely manner. Ordering and obtaining resources required for assigned activities at multiple work sites within approved DTFN budget and policy
- Liaising with other First Nations, Provincial and Federal Governments, industry and DTFN members regarding funding, programs, and specific services
- Performing other related duties as required or assigned by the Director
Other requirements, if selected for the position: A valid Journeyman’s Ticket is an asset; must have own transportation and a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License; must provide a clear Criminal Record Check. Must also provide acceptable proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or provide an approved exemption letter to request accommodation.
Remuneration dependent on qualifications and experience.
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, August 25, 2022
Resume and a cover letter can be submitted to: Personnel Services Coordinator / HR
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.