Career Posting : Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Supervisor/Lead – N’Deh Limited PartnershipView All Postings
Closing Date: December 19, 2017 5:00 pm
Under the direction of the CEO and the Management team, the Health and Safety Supervisor will be responsible for providing support to the management team, supervisors, foremen, subcontractors and workers. This position will provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day safety requirements of the corporation.
The HSE Lead reports directly to the CEO and indirectly to the Management team and is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Be knowledgeable and provide direction, resource and support to all managers, supervisors, foremen, safety advisors and subcontractors.
- Deliver coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs throughout the organization.
- Provide support to the organization by upholding a visible presence to the various worksites and performing site visits to each work location at least once per week, if possible.
- Perform subcontractor pre-qualification and auditing when required to ensure their abilities to meet or exceed the standards as set forth in N’Deh’s Safety Management System
- Be the primary account administrator for contractor pre-qualification and compliance accounts with ISNnetworld, CNQ, Avetta and Complyworks.
- Frequently review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Advise the management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact their projects and operations.
- Assist manager and supervisors in developing Site Safety Management Plans (SMP) fto ensure a continued safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
- Recurrently audit the HSE programs and SMP for compliance and advise of necessary revisions to maintain alignment with operational scope and conditions.
- As required, establish and schedule required supplemental safety coverage.
- Support the investigation of all incidents. Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman safety advisors and subcontractors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Confirm that all incident corrective actions are completed.
- Administer a comprehensive Injury Management Program for injured workers, including the preparation, delivery and management of a modified duties program.
- Manage and coordinate all staff HSE training including new hire orientation.
- Continuously auditing verifying field staff training and competencies.
- Review safety obligations of all clients and confirm there is compliance as per the terms of the contract, and advise of any shortcomings to the Management team.
- Create and ensure continuous updates of all safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, WCB reporting, Inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
- Ensure that each employee has access to both the Safety Management System programs and OH&S act and regulations.
- Coordinate regular meetings with the various teams to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events.
- Prepare for, and participate in annual or required audits such as COR and/or Owner audits.
- Communicate, coach and assist all staff, including subcontractor employees to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
- Develop and maintain a statistical collection system and communicate the information monthly amongst the entire organization.
- Ensure that the management team is both leading and participating in the Safety programs as per their roles and responsibilities.
- other duties as required
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Certificate.
- Must hold a National Construction Safety Officer Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years Health and Safety field experience in the Oil and Gas, Forestry and Environmental Reclamation industries.
- Minimum 3 year of supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Experience in demonstrating the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
- Good physical condition
- Ability to travel up to 70%
Skills / Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience working with First Nations communities
- Exceptional leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced Incident Investigation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Proven ability to perform under stressful conditions utilizing stress management skills
- Demonstrated Analytical skills, probability and decision making skills
- Highly motivated and a self starter
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective organizational skills
The candidate must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be punctual
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be flexible
Posting open from Dec 11 to Dec 19
Please send resumes to CEO@Ndeh.ca