Career Posting : Health Care Aides – Health Centre – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: May 1, 2018 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Oojon T’sana/Health Program has two (2) Health Care Aide positions available, based out of the Health Centre in Chateh. These are full-time positions with benefits.
Reporting to the Coordinator, the Health Care Aide provides ongoing or short-term home support services for members and families. Under supervision, performs routine health-related duties and administer personal care duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Providing care for members and families during periods of incapacitation, or convalescence
- Assisting the doctors/nurses that are treating the patient
- Checking to see that the patient follows the diet and/or takes medication on time as prescribed by the doctor
- Administering bedside and personal care to members such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing
- Caring for mostly elderly patients as well as other patients who have lost the mobility to do everyday tasks
- Helping the patient gain their basic motor functions
- Developing good relations with the patients and the family and guiding them in medical matters
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the Coordinator
- Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent, and have First Aid, CPR Certification
- Must have completed a recognized health care aide program or equivalent in providing nursing care with three to five (3-5) years’ experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft computer programs
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Ability to speak the Dene language is a definite asset
The successful candidate must provide a current criminal record check and a child welfare clearance check. Must possess a Class 5 Driver’s License and have reliable transportation.
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.