Career Posting : Health Care Aide – Bushe RiverView All Postings
Closing Date: September 30, 2022 12:00 am
Dene Tha’ First Nation Health Department is currently accepting applications for a Health Care Aide for the
community of Bushe River. The Health Care Aide provides ongoing short-term home support services for
members and families. Under supervision, performs routine health-related duties and administer personal care
duties. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and pension package.
▪ Assisting the doctors/nurses that are testing patient.
▪ Checking to see that the patient follows the diet and/or takes medication on time as
prescribed by the doctor.
▪ Administering bedside and personal care to members such as aid in ambulation, bathing,
personal hygiene, and dressing.
▪ Caring for mostly elderly patients as well as other patients who have lost the mobility to
do everyday tasks.
▪ Helping the patients gain their basic motor functions.
▪ Developing good relations with the patients and the family and guiding them in medical
▪ Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the Coordinator.
▪ Grade 10 or equivalent
▪ Valid Class 5 Driver’s License & First Aid, CPR Certification.
▪ Ability to follow written and oral instruction with excellent communication skills
▪ Proficient in Microsoft computer programs.
▪ Must be dependable and reliable.
▪ Read, understand and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices, procedures
▪ Ability to speak and understand the Dene language is an asset.
▪ Able to supply: Criminal Record Check
provide acceptable proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or provide an approved exemption letter to request accommodation.
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submit resume and cover letter to Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886