Career Posting : Head Chef for Executive House Suites Hotel & Conference Centre High Level, ABView All Postings
Closing Date: March 31, 2022 5:00 pm
The Ndeh Limited Partnership by its General Partner the Ehda Cho Corporation, owned by the Dene Tha’ First Nation, proudly announces the purchase of the Executive House Suites Hotel & Conference Centre in High Level, AB. Executive House Suites Hotel & Conference Centre is seeking to hire a Head Chef.
The Head Chef will be responsible for direction of the food preparation process, construction of menus with new and existing culinary creations, and will be involved in staffing the kitchen, forecasting supply needs, and estimating costs. The Head Chef will be responsible for ensuring the restaurant meets regulations and safety guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other related activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings, ensure food meets quality standards
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
- Create new recipes, prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets, weddings, etc.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Recruit and hire staff, supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks, train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Head Chef position
- Minimum of 8 years’ combined culinary experience
- Diploma/Degree in Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, Red Seal Certification, or equivalent
- Credentials in health and safety training, safe food handling, or equivalent
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Up to date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and own transportation
- Personal suitability is an important consideration
Executive House Suites Hotel & Conference Centre offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive group benefits package. The successful candidate may also be eligible for accommodation support.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, Head Chef’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.executivehousesuites.com for more information.