Career Posting : Gas and Grocery ManagerView All Postings
Closing Date: February 1, 2018 5:00 pm
Store is located in Meander River, Alberta
Gas and Grocery Managers are responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to company standards. They must follow the Company sales and production planning standards and will ensure that the department achieves the standards of performance as outlines in the work plan. They will plan, order, and process grocery products per work plan and standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to frequently lift 50lbs.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in gas stations and/or grocery department operations.
- Must maintain a Class 5 Driver’s License, and have transportation to job site.
Only those applicants that meet all the requirements will be contacted, thank you for applying.
Closing Date: February 1, 2018
Please forward Resumes to:
Brooke Ahnassay, Property and Development Manager
N’deh Limited Partnership, PO Box 430, High Level, AB T0H 1Z0