Career Posting : First Responders – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: May 1, 2018 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Health Program has positions available immediately for First Responders based out of the Chateh Health Centre. These are full-time positions.
- Respond to all emergency calls that come into the Health Centre
- Must be quick to assess and decide the proper course of action in regard to emergencies within the community
- Assess and decide whether a patient needs to be transported by ambulance or taxi regarding emergency walk-ins
- Must report all criminal situations to the local RCMP before or during the assessment of the patient
- Stay on job site throughout the entire work shift to ensure accessibility of emergency services
- Attend a training program
- Must successfully complete and pass the hands-on training with the Instructor to qualify
- Have excellent communication and written skills
- Must be dependable and/or reliable
- Be flexible regarding shift work
- Must have a Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License (*Learner’s License/GDL is not acceptable)
- Ability to speak the Dene language is considered an asset
The successful candidates must provide a Criminal Record Check and a Child Welfare Record Check; lead an addictions-free lifestyle.
OPEN TO DENE THA’ FIRST NATION MEMBERS
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Submit resume to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863/321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.