Career Posting : Field Technician-ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: December 23, 2022 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
FIELD TECHNICIAN – CHATEH
Local Open Posting – December 7, 2022
The Dene Tha’ First Nation is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Field Technician for the Lands Dept. based out of the Chateh Admin. Office. This is a full-time permanent position with benefits.
- Conduct, supervise and participate in field surveys and field measurements following acceptable operational procedures. Provides technical advice to DTFN
- Implement, supervise, and perform technical functions in natural resource development operations involving site preparation, construction, and monitoring
- Monitor activities of resource companies and contractors and enforce regulations such as those concerning environmental protection, resource utilization, fire safety and accidental prevention
- Conduct road and harvest block boundary layout and assessments
- Providing support to the Lands Consultation Manager and the Director
Minimum Grade 12, plus post-secondary training in field survey techniques. Three to five years of experience, including:
- Demonstrated organizational ability and composure to work within a specific timeframe, in a fast-paced climate
- Ability to work with the public and staff at all levels within the organization with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment
- Read, understand, and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices, procedures, and rules
- Firsthand application and use of computer systems and applications
- Strong field skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and willingness to work outdoors under adverse conditions
Other requirements: Must have own transportation and a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License and must provide a clear Criminal Record Check.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, December 23, 2022
Submit resumes to: Personnel Services Coordinator / HR
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.