Career Posting : Family & Community Wellness Services – Addiction Coordinator – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: February 11, 2021 5:00 pm
General Open Posting – January 27, 2021
The Dene Tha’ First Nation has a full-time position available immediately for an Addiction Coordinator for the Health Dept. This position is based out of the Health Centre in Chateh. This is a two-year contract position with benefits.
This position is responsible for coordinating the implementation of activities aimed at prevention to reduce the incidence of alcohol and drug abuse by members within the Nation’s three communities.
- Counsel and assess the needs of clients and make appropriate arrangements for treatment
- Maintain an efficient working arrangement with Health; school; mental health – crisis counselors, Elders, Traditional Teachers; and child & family services
- Engage Elders to help with Dene Tha’ cultural teachings and healing
- Prepare presentations, brochures, reports and other related materials
- Organize and plan cultural activities for clients dealing with addiction
- Assist clients to continue with recovery plan after treatment by providing them with life skills, education and intervention
- Case management and highly confidential record keeping practice
- Develop an annual work plan and budget
- Prepare and monitor annual budget; quarterly financial reports
- Post-Secondary Education with (CACC) Certification or equivalent in social work, psychology, sociology and/or addictions, preferably in the counseling service area or any combination of training and work experience which provides required knowledge, ability and skills; have a current certificate in the field of addiction treatment
- Organization/administrative management, planning, organizing human resources, analytical and communication, and some counseling knowledge and skills required
- Demonstrate positive role model for staff, clients and community at large
- Must be computer literate and have experience with computer software programs
- First Aid/CPR a definite asset; ability to speak Dene language is also considered an asset
Other requirements: Must have own transportation and a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License; provide a clear Criminal Record check and a Child Welfare Clearance check. Ability to be on call; including after hours and weekends, as needed.
Reposted to February 11, 2021
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.