Career Posting : Executive Assistant to EDO – Bushe RiverView All Postings
Closing Date: May 18, 2018 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Administration Department currently has a position available for an Executive Assistant to the Executive Director of Operations (EDO). This full-time position will be located out of the Administration Office in Bushe River.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains operating EDO office along with agendas and processing of reports intended for the EDO or Council.
- Manages and maintains office records, etc.
- Prepares documentation for and attends all meetings designated by the EDO, and assist as required. Records and prepares minutes of meetings.
- Monitors the prompt handling of all requests, enquiries and grievances by residents or staff on behalf of the EDO.
- Liaises with other First Nations, Provincial and Federal governments when required.
- Opens and distributes incoming regular and electronic mail and other material.
- Coordinates the flow of information internally and externally with other DTFN Departments.
- Answers telephone and electronic enquiries and relays telephone calls and messages.
- Greets visitors, members, ascertains nature of business and directs visitors to the appropriate person.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the EDO
- Grade 12 Education
- 2 years minimum work experience in senior secretarial positions, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and reliable transportation
The successful candidate must provide a current criminal record check, and an oath of confidentiality signed by a Commissioner of Oaths.
Friday, May 18, 2018
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.