Career Posting : Executive Assistant to Chief & Council – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: April 1, 2020 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CHIEF & COUNCIL
Local Open Posting – March 18, 2020
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Administration Department has a position available for an Executive Assistant to Chief and Council based out of the Band/Administration Office in Chateh. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare agendas and notices for meetings
- Take and transcribe dictation on a senior level, compose routine correspondence
- Read reports/correspondence for review or signature of officials to ensure that all important matters have been covered and utilize standardized grammar, format and style
- Research, read and summarize reports/articles of interest and obtain information from various sources
- prepare graphs, charts and graphics depicting research results, comparisons of data presented and to illustrate reports and proposals
- Completion of grade 10, supplemented by college courses for senior and executive secretarial work
- 4 years of work experience in senior secretarial positions, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Thorough knowledge of business English spelling and punctuation; modern office methods, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of First Nation programs and operations
- Ability to plan, organize and meet target deadlines
- Excellent typing, minute taking, transcribing and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft computer programs
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Ability to speak the Dene language is a definite asset
The successful candidate must provide a current Criminal Record Check. Must also have a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and reliable transportation. Other requirements may be applicable.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.