Career Posting : Education Assistants (EA’s)View All Postings
Closing Date: September 30, 2022 12:00 am
While complying with the Dene Thá Personnel Policy and the Oath of Confidentiality and fostering safe and caring relationships with the staff and students at the Dene Tha’ Community School, we have available positions for Education assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make students a top priority, especially assisting individuals in the classroom during lesson time.
- Help with the individual needs of the children (i.e., emotional, social, physical, mental, and spiritual)
- Foster a good working relationship with teachers, other staff, and students.
- Observe student behaviour and provide information to teachers.
- Assist in preparing materials, creating displays, and undertaking other supportive activities.
- Work within established structures, including classroom management, behavioural rules, and IPP expectations.
- Clarify the elements of the lesson for students who are having trouble.
- Supervise reinforcement activities.
- Implement specific techniques, strategies, and language as directed by the teacher.
- Document, monitor, and report to the teacher.
- Report to teachers on observed student behaviours and outcomes
- Keep up to date on school policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the teacher or school administration
- Completion of a High School Certificate or Grade 12 Diploma,
- Experience working the children and youth
- Ability to read, write and record reports and with excellent communication skills
- Must be dependable, reliable, and a team player
- The ability to speak Dene, and other related cultural activities are additional assets.
The successful candidate must provide a current Criminal Record Check. Must also have a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and reliable transportation. Other requirements may be applicable.
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submit resume and cover letter to Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
Carlito Somera, Principal
Dene Tha’ Community School
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.