Career Posting : Economic Development Coordinator – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: January 12, 2018 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ First Nation (DTFN) currently has a position available for an Economic Development Coordinator. This is a full time two-year contract position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Delivers effective programming by supervising and coordinating the operation of services within the Economic Development and Daycare programs
- Works with community groups in the development of program proposals and partnerships, funding research, bylaws, policies and procedures
- Supports the development of career development programs
- Willingness and ability to work with other departments, linking with other programs to achieve common goals
- Have superior confidence to function effectively in a corporate/boardroom environment
- Effectively supervise 3 to 5 employees
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the Director of Education
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent training
- Preferred university degree or college education in a related area
- Work experience in multiple business settings, knowledge and interactions
- Previous experience working with project development and implementation
- Good understanding of business practices, proposal writing and report writing
- Strong financial management skills ( budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, reporting)
- Use of computer systems and applications including Microsoft Office
- Solid planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
- Effective management, team building, leadership and supervisory strengths
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer services
The successful candidate must provide a current criminal record check and a child welfare clearance check. The successful candidate must also have reliable transportation and a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License.
Friday, January 12, 2018 5:00 P.M.
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.