Career Posting : Director Of Emergency ServicesView All Postings
Closing Date: March 31, 2023 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ First Nation (DTFN) is inviting applications from experienced members for the position of Director of Emergency Services. This (contract) position is full-time and offers a competitive benefits package.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Operations, the Director of Emergency Services shall be responsible for coordinating Emergency Management, including but not limited to planning, training, resourcing, reporting, and chairing meetings. The Director of Emergency Services shall work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure success for all areas that align with the values and principles of Dene Tha’ First Nation.
Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Acts as Director of Emergency Operations
- Identifies and coordinates the Emergency Management Committee
- Arranges for Emergency Management training
- Coordinates emergency services and resources during an emergency or major event
- Prepares and coordinates Emergency Plans and Programs, activates Emergency Plan
- Organizes and chairs meetings
- Provides daily situation reports during an emergency
- Report and provide updates to AEMA First Nation Field Officer representative
- Work with Chief and Council to issue a State of Local Emergency – SOLE (NCR/BCR)
- Competently lead a group of people and programs and provide direction to management and front-line staff
- Implements and maintains emergency planning in accordance with Dene Tha’ First Nation policy and procedures.
- Provides oversight for the daily directing, administering, guiding, and supervising of staff.
- Manages risk, conflict, and crisis situations well and make a balanced risk analysis both prospectively and retroactively.
- Manages partnerships and liaise with resource providers/representatives while ensuring Dene Tha’ First Nations’ interests.
- Provides visible safety leadership by championing the implementation of:
- safety practices
- monitoring safety performance
- addressing areas for improvement
- noting success
- encouraging staff engagement,
- supports the investigation of safety related incidents
- implementation of corrective or preventative actions
- Develops an inclusive, professional, and successful team
- Executes other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Director of Operations or Chief and Council
- Considerable (5-10 years) of supervisory experience
- Considerable (5-10 years) of Emergency Management experience
- Able to take initiative, work independently and with others
- Excellent leadership skills and team-building ability
- Highly developed supervisory, risk and crisis management skills
- Possesses an ability to write and produce quality reports in a timely manner.
- Proficient computer literacy
- Any related education and training will be considered an asset
The successful candidate must have a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License with reliable transportation, and willingness to travel. Must also provide a clear criminal record check.
Remuneration dependent on qualifications and experience.
Interested parties should forward a detailed resume to:
Personnel Services Coordinator / HR
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.