Career Posting : Director of EducationView All Postings
Closing Date: December 8, 2017 5:00 pm
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Education.
- A minimum three (3) years related experience which includes leading Aboriginal services, program and/or policy development, and/or education and community development.
- Proven experience in alternate program development.
- In depth understanding of Aboriginal cultures, histories, protocols, issues, demographics and social structures, especially within Alberta.
- Excellent planning, administrative, organizational, project management and budget management skills.
- Ability to plan strategically, initiate action and achieve desired outcomes for multiple initiatives in both political as well as culturally sensitive environments.
- Ability to work as an integral team member and provide leadership to teams and working committees, achieving goals using consultative and collegial processes.
- Ability to communicate sensitive and complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of aboriginal education policies and procedures as set out by Federal and Provincial governments.
- Experience working with First Nations people in Northern Alberta.
- Experience teaching First Nations students.
- Knowledge, understanding and appreciation of First Nations culture and traditions.
Responsibilties: Reporting to the Executive Director of Operations.
Tasks will include:
- Assigning Responsibilities as needed.
- Evaluate and signing off teachers performance evaluation.
- Establishing a budget.
- Setting the Stage (which includes reviewing the vision, mission and goals of the Dene Tha’ First Nation Education Authority (DTFN), and developing a long range plan for increasing literacy, numeracy and graduation rates (high school and post-secondary).
- Renegotiation of provincial tuition agreements and forging partnerships with NAIT, Northern Lakes College, Fort Vermillion School Division and other post-secondary institutions.
- Developing a local school board.
- Travel required.
Must have a valid Alberta Driver’s License and reliable transportation. Must provide a clear criminal record check and child welfare clearance.
Application closes on Extended to Friday, December 8, 2017 5:00 PM
Resume and a cover letter can be submitted to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, Alberta T0H 0S0
Telephone: 780-321-3774 Fax: 780-321-3886
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.