Career Posting : Director of Economic DevelopmentView All Postings
Closing Date: August 26, 2022 12:00 am
The Dene Tha’ First Nation is currently accepting applications for an Economic Development Director. This is a full-time position and comes with a competitive benefits package. This position requires extensive experience, technical skills, and knowledge of the traditional territory.
- Provides, input to and supports plans and implementation strategies and initiatives as they relate to strategic community and economic development.
- Exhibit daily administrative and financial capabilities and oversight.
- Develops a training strategy and implementation plan for the First Nation to upskill members.
- Delivers effective programming by supervising and coordinating the operation of services within the Economic Development and daycare programs.
- Takes on additional special projects as assigned by EDO.
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Preferred university degree or college education in related area.
- Four years work experience in multiple business settings, knowledge, and interactions.
- Four years experience working with project development and implementation.
- Good understanding of business practices, proposal writing and report writing.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective management, team, building, leadership, and supervisory strengths.
- Ability to use good judgement in respecting confidentiality.
- Being able to speak and understand the Dene language will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate must provide a criminal record check, child welfare clearance check; have a Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
Closing Date: August 26, 2022
Resume and a cover letter can be submitted to: Personnel Services Coordinator / HR
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.