Career Posting : Diabetes Worker – Bushe River & ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: September 30, 2022 12:00 am
Dene Tha’ First Nation Health Department is currently accepting applications for a Diabetes Worker for the
community of Bushe River and Chateh. The Diabetes Worker will be responsible for increasing the knowledge
of diabetes with other health care professionals and providers in the community, who are involved with care of
people with diabetes, ensuring continuity and quality of diabetes care for the clients. This is a full-time position
with competitive benefits and pension package.
▪ Knowledge and practical skills necessary to assist in the development and deliverance of
relevant and essential diabetes services at the community level.
▪ Increase awareness in the communities of diabetes, risk factors, complications, and ways
to prevent diabetes.
▪ Teach on early detection and screening for complications of diabetes throughout the
▪ Increase community member capacity in prevention and self-management of diabetes.
▪ Work with other health care providers to support capacity building activities geared
towards supportive and effective diabetes care.
▪ Develop partnership with other agencies to maximize the reach and impact of health
promotion and primary prevention activities.
▪ Grade 12 or equivalent
▪ Valid Class 5 Driver’s License & Standard First Aid
▪ Ability to follow written and oral instruction with excellent communication skills
▪ Read, understand and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices, procedures
▪ Able to plan and provide presentation and workshop to public
▪ Ability to speak and understand the Dene language is an asset.
▪ Able to supply: Criminal Record Check
provide acceptable proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or provide an approved exemption letter to request accommodation.
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submit resume and cover letter to Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886