Career Posting : Dene Tha Housing DepartmentView All Postings
Closing Date: December 16, 2022 5:00 pm
Dene Tha’ Housing Department is currently accepting
applications for Employment for the following 2022/2023 Major/Minor
Renovation Projects for all 3 communities open to all DTFN members:
Positions Available :
• LEAD HAND (Meander River, Chateh, Bushie River)
MAJOR WORK AREAS:
• REPAIRS ON EXISTING UNITS
• LEAD HAND: needs to be a Team Leader and Supervise Workers and Projects.
Coordinate and Schedule Activities; Ensure Adherences to Safety Standards; Set Up
Equipment. Review and Interpret Blue Prints and Specifications; have Building
Knowledge and Maintain Best Practice in Construction and Building Standards. Must
have Own Tools to Carry out General Construction Trade.
• CARPENTER HELPERS: positions Require having Previous Residential/Housing
Construction Experiences. Must have Own Tools.
• LABOURERS: positions Require having Good Physical Health and Willingness to
Work with Construction Crews for an Opportunity to Learn New Building Trade
Skills and Experiences. Must have Own Tools.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to plan and execute job tasks and responsibilities
• Do Quantity Estimates of Building Materials and Its Applications.
• Knowledge of Current Building Standards & Regulations, Occupational
Health and Safety Regulations.
• Ability to Coordinate/Supervise Construction Workers.
• Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Oral); Knowledge of Conflict
Resolution, have Commitment and Perseverance.
Friday, December 16, 2022
Submit a application and or resume to:
Damian Chisaakay, Housing Manager
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, Alberta TY0H 0S0
Fax: (780)321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants; however only those selected will be contacted