Career Posting : Cultural Support Worker – Bushe River DaycareView All Postings
Closing Date: March 31, 2023 5:00 pm
Bushe River Daycare is seeking to hire
1 Fulltime Cultural Support Worker
*This is a 1 year term position with potential to be permanent full-time
The Cultural Support Worker will be responsible for planning and providing a culturally inclusive program that focuses on whole child development, offers positive child guidance techniques and supervision within the Daycare’s framework, and promoting traditional cultural teachings and practices for children in a supportive and ethical manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide supportive and trusting relationships with children and caregivers
- Provide a creative environment where children can discover, learn, and grow in all developmental areas and to embrace language and culture
- Engage in collaborative partnerships to promote traditional healing, cultural teachings and practices, and traditional ways of knowing
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment, and help to build a model of cultural safety
- Act as a liaison for community and cultural resources for children and families
- Participate in team meetings and training as necessary
- Promote cultural values & awareness while aligning with the Daycare’s framework of care
- Experience working with children, youth and families
- Completion of High School, post-secondary in a relevant field preferred
- Teachings and experience in traditional knowledge & healing practices
- Cultural awareness of First Nations and Indigenous community
- Demonstrated ability to be a cultural resource person in First Nations cultural heritage and history, with demonstrated cultural sensitivity for all First Nations.
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Clear Child Intervention Record Check
- To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.