Career Posting : Community Surveyors – Dene Tha HealthView All Postings
Term: Short Term
Closing Date: March 20, 2023 5:00 pm
Dene Tha’ Health
Position(s): Community Surveyors
Dene Tha’ Health is the health service provider for the Dene Tha’ Nation. Dene Tha’ Health operates an
accredited Health Centre and provides various health programs and services to Dene Tha’ Nation members.
Both modern and traditional knowledge and practices are incorporated into the Dene Tha’ approach to care.
This holistic approach addresses the four key areas of health: Mental Health, Emotional Health, Spiritual
Health, and Physical Health.
Dene Tha’ Health is seeking six (6) part-time contracted Community Surveyors for term positions of no
longer than 60 days.
Three (3) teams of two (2) surveyors are anticipated for each of Chateh, Meander, and Bushe River
Community surveyor teams will go door to door in the community to gather responses for the Community
Health Survey to help the Nation create healthcare strategies reflective of the community needs.
These positions work part-time hours in the evenings and weekends with two (2) positions required for each
community (Chateh, Meander, and Bushe River). Door-to-door travel in the community is required.
Community Surveyors will be paid a wage of $16.00 per hour.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Learn about and understand the purpose of the survey and the questions
• Collect input for the survey by going door-to-door in the communities
• Courteously and respectfully asking for participation in the survey
• Deliver survey materials, either by facilitating the questions and documenting responses via tablets
or via paper surveys
• Answer questions about the Community Health Survey
• Refer survey respondents to a subject matter expert, to be confirmed, for questions to which the surveyor does not have the response
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Demonstration of a positive attitude
• Strong people skills including excellent customer service
• Willingness to learn
• Good communication skills
• Ability to follow a questionnaire
• Ability to use a tablet
• Good organizational skills
The following qualifications are considered an asset:
• Knowledge or training in health services
• Passion for community health and wellness
• Knowledge of Dene Tha’ culture and language is considered an asset
To apply for this position, submit a Resume and Cover Letter to: