Career Posting : Community Health RepresentativeView All Postings
Closing Date: June 28, 2023 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members
COMMUNITY HEALTH REPRESENTATIVE
based in Bushe River
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Health Services department has a position to be filled for a Community Health Representative, based out of the Four Chiefs Complex in Bushe River. This is a full-time position with benefits. Candidate must live in the area as travel is not provided.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Promote awareness of various community health services programs.
- Provide cross-cultural instruction & act as a liaison between health care providers and community leaders and/or members.
- Provide pre-natal and post-natal support to expectant mothers.
- Record clients’ health history and provide an assessment of needs.
- Promote awareness and understanding of immunizations to prevent, monitor and control communicable diseases.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate community health plans.
- Assist members and families who have special needs due to physical disabilities and/or psychological conditions.
- Promote the importance of healthy lifestyles within the community.
- Grade 12 Diploma.
- Community Health Representative (CHR) Certificate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft computer programs
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- The ability to speak the Dene language is a definite asset.
- Class 5 Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The successful candidate must provide a current Vulnerable Sector check and a Child Intervention check.
Closing Date: June 28, 2023
Send cover letter and resumes to: Human Resources Manager
Dene Tha’ First Nation
Box 958, High Level AB T0H 1Z0
Phone: 780 926-2786 or fax: (780) 926-5730
We thank all candidates in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.