Career Posting : Communications Coordinator – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: February 12, 2021 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Admin. Dept. has a full-time position available for a Communications Coordinator, based out of the Band/Administration Office in Chateh. This is a two-year contract position with benefits.
The Communications Coordinator designs and reviews promotional and marketing materials, or other projects as assigned. The Communications Coordinator oversees social media presence and serves as a liaison to media outlets. The Communications Coordinator performs a variety of other specialized and administrative functions to increase the company’s visibility through the development and distribution of information and materials, participates in events, and participates in functions of community engagement.
- Ensures all promotional materials are current and available
- Coordinates special events, trade show and public appearances as directed
- Ensures correct and timely printing of stationary needs
- Assist with the creation of the internal newsletter
- Ensure archival material is organized and up to date
- Write and/or edit promotional material, press release and PSA’s as directed
- Update website on a weekly basis; and other duties and committee work as assigned
- Write a variety of different content to support communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy, and brochures and press releases
- Assist communications team in developing and implementing a communications strategy designed to further company objectives
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Coordinate volunteers, support staff, vendors and more to support promotional events
- Diploma or degree in communications, public relations or marketing
- 2 or more years of experience in a communications or marketing role
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
- Strong writing and interpersonal communications skills, a high level of creativity
- Ability to think analytically and critically
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and capable of creating visually compelling presentations
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
Other requirements: As travel may be required, the successful candidate must have own transportation and a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License; provide a clear Criminal Record check. Manual dexterity is also required to use desktop computer and peripherals. Overtime as required.
February 12, 2021
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.