Career Posting : Children’s Oral Health Aide – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: September 30, 2022 12:00 am
Dene Tha’ First Nation Health Department is currently accepting applications to fill the position of a Children’s
Oral Health Aide. This position will support all 3 communities. Expectation is to work 3 days in Chateh, 1 day
in Bushe and 1day in Meander every week. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and pension.
• Support the development of a cultural appropriate program to dental care and treatment, oral
disease prevention and good oral health promotion practices by following policies and
procedures as describe inChildren’s Oral Health Initiative Program protocols.
• Implement, supervise, and perform procedures to address and reduce dental disease among the
children livingin the communities.
• Conduct, supervise and participate in community awareness workshops on prevention of dental
disease andpromotion of good oral health practices.
• Conduct home visits to children in need of dental services.
• Monitor and implement Children’s Oral Health Initiative Program workplan activities, including
budgets,timelines, and reporting requirements.
• Provide assistance to the Dentist when required.
• Provide support to the Health Coordinator and Health Director.
• Minimum Grade 12.
• Three to five years of experience in the health field.
• Demonstrated organizational ability and composure to work within a specific timeframe, in a
fast-pacedclimate at times.
• Ability to work with the public and staff at all levels within the organization with minimal
supervision in amultiple task environment.
• Read, understand, and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices, procedures and rules.
• Hands-on application and use of computer systems and applications.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Speak and understand Dene language.
• Must have own transportation and a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License and must provide a clear
provide acceptable proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or provide an approved exemption letter to request accommodation.
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submit resume and cover letter to Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886