Career Posting : Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – N’deh Limited PartnershipView All Postings
Closing Date: April 6, 2018 3:00 pm
The N’deh Limited Partnership (N’deh) is a diversified business with operations in Oil & Gas services, Forestry and both residential and commercial Property Management.
Our goal is to generate income and career opportunities for our stakeholders – the Dene Tha’ First Nation and its members; all while respecting their traditional values and cultural practices.
The N’deh Limited Partnership is the primary corporate entity for the Dene Tha’ First Nation; organized by the Ehda Cho Corporation (the General Partner) and the Dene Tha’ Corporate Trust (the Limited Partner). For ease of communication, the CEO of the Ehda Cho Corporation shall be referred to as the CEO of N’deh Limited Partnership. The CEO of N’deh performs an important role in managing the business activities of N’deh Limited Partnership and its subsidiary businesses. The CEO also identifies new business ventures and investments which are in line with the
investment policy, strategic plan and other guiding documents established for N’deh. The CEO works with their management team and the Board of Directors to pursue new business ventures and operate existing businesses to maximize profit in balance with the defined values and objectives of the Dene Tha’ First Nation. The CEO shall have 6 direct reporting employees to supervise. In light of these direct reports, as well as relationship management with the Dene Tha’ First Nation and businesses in the region, it is highly preferred to recruit a CEO who is
located in the vicinity of the Dene Tha’ First Nation (High Level, Alberta) or is willing to relocate. The CEO is primarily responsible for:
- Implementing the overall, long-term business plan approved by the Board of Directors
- Developing operational plans and budgets for existing business units
- Developing business cases for proposed investments and business ventures, to be presented to the Board for approval
- Maintaining professional relationships with major clients, suppliers and other N’deh stakeholders, including the Dene Tha’ First Nation
- Representing N’deh at various conferences, meetings and other public events, including quarterly/annual shareholder meetings
- Preparing and using financial information and other reports as part of managing the ongoing operations of N’deh and its businesses
- Ensuring that appropriate policies are in place to govern operations of N’deh and its businesses
- Consulting with legal, financial and other advisors as needed to fulfill their fiduciary duty
- Ensuring that appropriate steps are taken to keep business operations in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations (employment standards, environmental, accounting)
- Chairing meetings of the Board
CEO Minimum Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Business or Economics;
- Experience working in management/leadership positions in private industry, preferably resource development or property management;
- Ability to prepare, understand and interpret financial statements and related financial data;
- High-level understanding of relevant legislation and regulations that apply to industries/businesses which the NLP is involved in (property management, oil & gas exploration/development/remediation, forestry), including relevant HR regulations;
- Cannot have been convicted of an indictable offence or a summary conviction offense involving fraud, theft or false pretenses in the previous 20 years; and
- Experience working with aboriginal organizations is a strong asset. CEO Compensation:
- The CEO’s compensation will be performance based, including a competitive annual salary, plus bonuses for achieving performance targets approved by the Board.
- The CEO shall be reimbursed for travel-related expenses incurred while fulfilling their N’deh responsibilities.
Qualified Candidates are asked to submit their resume and three professional references electronically by 3pm (Mountain Time) on Friday April 6, 2018 to:
N’deh Limited Partnership
c/o Will Fong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions regarding this opportunity can be sent to the email address above.
All candidate information will be kept confidential.