Career Posting : Assisted Living (HomeCare) Worker – Meander RiverView All Postings
Closing Date: August 10, 2018 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
ASSISTED LIVING (HOMECARE) WORKER
The Dene Tha’ Social Development Program has a position available for an Assisted Living (Homecare) Worker in the community of Meander River. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks in Elders homes
- Laundry and meal preparation
- Transporting Elders for shopping, banking and medical appointments
- Reporting Elders in need of medical attention to the Public Health Nurse
- Completing monthly activity reports
- Attending staff meetings and workshops
- Must have effective written and communication skills
- Knowledge of the needs of elderly and incapacitated clients
- Ability to speak the Dene language is a definite asset
- Must have safety certification in First Aid, WHIMIS and Food Safety
The successful candidate must submit a current criminal record check; have reliable transportation and a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License, and live in the area as travel is not provided.
If you are someone who respects and enjoys working with Elders; is interested, enthusiastic, and will be dedicated in providing the needed services to the elders in the community, please feel free to submit your application for employment or complete resume and cover letter to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
Friday, August 10, 2018
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.