Career Posting : Assisted Living (Adult Care) Worker – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: November 10, 2021 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
The Dene Tha’ Social Development program has a position available for an Assisted Living (Homemaker) Worker in the community of Chateh. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks in Elders homes
- Laundry and meal preparation
- Transporting Elders for shopping, banking, and medical appointments
- Reporting Elders in need of medical attention to the Public Health Nurse
- Completing monthly activity reports
- Attending staff meetings and workshops
- Must have effective written and communication skills
- Knowledge of the needs of elderly and incapacitated clients
- Ability to speak the Dene language is a definite asset
- Must have safety certification in First Aid.
The successful candidate must submit a current criminal record check; have reliable transportation and a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
If you are someone who respects and enjoys working with Elders; is interested, enthusiastic and will be dedicated about providing the needed services to the elders in the community, please feel free to submit your application for employment or complete resume and cover letter to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.