Career Posting : Addictions Counselor – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: November 4, 2016 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Family & Community Wellness Services is seeking an Addictions Counselor to fill an available position in the community of Chateh. The position is located out of the Health Centre. This a full time position with benefits.
- Counsel and assess the needs of clients and make appropriate arrangements for treatment
- Provide continuing support services where needed
- Maintain efficient working arrangements with resource services such as the Nursing Station, RCMP, School, Mental Health, FASD Soc., Child & Family Services, Treatment Centres, etc.
- Help develop and present education programs designed to address assessed needs
- Participate in “Interventions” and act as an advocate for members of the community
- Maintain highly confidential records and prepare routine and special reports for supervisor
- Ability to be on-call, including after hours and weekends
- Grade 12, supplemented with post-secondary courses in the social work field and two years related experience
- Or certification in addictions training, and workshops
- First Aid/CPR a definite asset
- Good communication, writing and interpersonal skills
Additional requirements: Lead an addictions-free lifestyle; possess a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License; provide a Criminal Record Check and a Child Welfare Clearance Check.
Friday, November 4, 2016
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.