Career Posting : Addiction Worker – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: June 24, 2022 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
Local Open Posting – June 2021
Dene Tha’ First Nation is currently accepting applications to fill two positions of an Addiction Worker for the Health Department. This position would support the community of Chateh. This is a full-time permanent position with benefits.
- Facilitate information sessions and community consultations in order to identify needs and solutions surrounding addiction and mental health.
- Facilitate, coordinate and design a community action plan in partnership with community members and local stakeholders with a view of meeting the identified addiction and mental health needs of the community.
- Identify and support individuals who are either in a high-risk situation or are expressing early signs and symptoms of addiction use behaviour.
- Responsible for implementing specialized treatment and recovery programs and plans for individuals with an addiction problems. Target youths and high-risk individuals.
- Provide support to leaders and families in the communities coping with the stress addiction in the family.
- Offer a variety of care options that use cultural values and beliefs and emphasizes on personal growth.
- Engage Elders when required to help with cultural teachings and healing.
- Explore leveraging opportunities with other stakeholders in order to help fund initiatives and to increase availability of resources.
- Create linkages and maintain a network of community, regional, and provincial services and programs.
- Prepare presentations, brochures, reports and any other related material.
- Minimum Grade 12.
- Three to five years of experience in the health field.
- Demonstrated organizational ability and composure to work within a specific timeframe, in a fast-paced climate at times.
- Ability to work with the public and staff at all levels within the organization with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment.
- Read, understand and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices, procedures and rules.
- Hands-on application and use of computer systems and applications.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Speak and understand Dene language.
- Must have own transportation and a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License and must provide a clear Criminal Record Check.
Posted until suitable candidate is found
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.