Career Posting : Addiction CoordinatorView All Postings
Closing Date: September 30, 2022 12:00 am
Dene Tha’ First Nation Health Department is currently accepting applications for an Addiction Coordinator.
This position is based out of the Health Centre in Chateh. This position is responsible for coordinating the
implementation of activities aimed at prevention to reduce the incidence of alcohol and drug abuse by members
within the Nation’s three communities. This is a two-year contract position with competitive benefits and
• Counsel and assess the needs of clients and make appropriate arrangements for
• Maintain an efficient working arrangement with Health; school; mental health – crisis
counselors, Elders, Traditional Teachers; and child & family services
• Engage Elders to help with Dene Tha’ cultural teachings and healing
• Prepare presentations, brochures, reports, and other related materials
• Organize and plan cultural activities for clients dealing with addiction
• Assist clients to continue with recovery plan after treatment by providing them with
life skills, education, and intervention
• Case management and highly confidential record keeping practice
• Develop an annual work plan and budget
• Prepare and monitor annual budget, quarterly financial reports
• Post-Secondary Education with (CACC) Certification or equivalent in social work,
psychology, sociology and/or addictions, preferably in the counseling service area or
any combination of training and work experience which provides required
knowledge, ability, and skills; have a current certificate in the field of addiction
• Organization/administrative management, planning, organizing human resources,
analytical and communication, and some counseling knowledge and skills required
• Read, understand, and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices,
procedures, and rules.
• Demonstrate positive role model for staff, clients, and community at large
• Must be computer literate and have experience with computer software programs
• First Aid/CPR a definite asset; ability to speak Dene language is also considered an
• Must have own transportation and a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License; provide a
clear Criminal Record check and a Child Welfare Clearance check.
Ability to be on call; including after hours and weekends, as needed.
provide acceptable proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or provide an approved exemption letter to request accommodation.
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submit resume and cover letter to Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886