Career Posting : Aboriginal Diabetes Aide – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: January 10, 2020 5:00 pm
ABORIGINAL DIABETES AIDE
The DTFN Health Program has an Aboriginal Diabetes Aide position available, based out of the Health Centre in Chateh. This is full-time position with benefits.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent, and Aboriginal Diabetes Aide Certification
- Knowledge and basic understanding of medical terminology with the ability to communicate with other health professionals
- Organizational ability and composure to work within specific timeframes
- Ability to work with the staff at all levels within the organization with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment
- Hands on application and use of computer systems and applications
Responsible for increasing the knowledge of diabetes with other health care professionals, and providers in the community who are involved with the care of people with diabetes; ensuring continuity and quality of diabetes care for the clients.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Applying cultural standards and Indigenous knowledge in the performance of the duties while working with Indigenous individuals, families, communities and Elders
- Increase awareness in the communities of diabetes, risk factors, complications, and ways to prevent diabetes
- Educate about early detection and screening for complications of diabetes throughout the communities
- Increase community member capacity in prevention and self-management of diabetes
- Work with other health care providers to support capacity building activities geared towards supportive and effective diabetes care
Ability to speak the Dene language is a definite asset. The successful candidate must provide a current criminal record check and a child welfare clearance check. Must possess a Class 5 Driver’s License and have reliable transportation.
OPEN TO DENE THA’ FIRST NATION MEMBERS
Friday, January 10, 2020
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.