Career Posting : Operations and Maintenance Manager – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: February 19, 2019 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members Only
The Dene Tha’ First Nation is currently accepting applications for an Operations & Maintenance Manager under the Infrastructure Services/Operations & Maintenance department (OMD). This full-time management (contract) position with benefits is based out of the Chateh Admin. Office. This is technical, supervisory, and administrative work in the operations and maintenance of the Nation’s infrastructure within the three communities of Bushe River, Chateh and Meander River. Responsibilities involve the planning, coordinating and daily supervision of the activities for the DTFN Operations including roads and drainage, water treatment/distribution, wastewater collection/treatment, solid waste collection/disposal services, and public buildings and grounds.
The OMD Manager reports to the Director of Infrastructure Services and assists the Director in developing and implementing sound initiatives for short and long-term service delivery.
- Leads, plans, direct, coaches, supervises and coordinates the Operations and Maintenance department, and the interaction of the department with other DTFN departments and services. Ensures all tasks and projects performed by employees, specialists and contractors are carried out within Occupational Health and Safety standards, and other due diligence. Adheres to requirements of the Environment, and Health Departments pertaining to Water and Sewer treatment standards and regulations
- Develops, maintains and schedules work programs to maintain year-round service delivery. Plans and directs preventative maintenance, repairs, and custom work
- Implementing program and service delivery evaluation procedures, reviewing existing trade contracts, and applying current technology to keep activities efficient, effective and customer service oriented. Recommends goals, objectives and policies to the Director
- Assists the Director in the preparation of the annual and long-range work plans, and operational budget; monitoring the budget on a regular basis
- Determines manpower, equipment and material required to effectively complete assigned tasks. Orders and obtains resources required for assigned activities at multiples work sites within approved DTFN budget and policy. Plans for the addition or replacement of major equipment required by the department
- Liaises with other First Nations, Provincial and Federal Governments, industry and DTFN members regarding funding, programs, and services specific to the functional area
- Hires, trains, evaluates and releases (as necessary) all subordinate staff within approved personnel policies and legislation. Performing other related duties as required by the Director
Minimum Grade 12 combined with College or technical program training with three years related municipal type experience
Five to seven years of progressive supervisory experience, preferably in an operations, utility or public works environment including:
- Proven ability to deal directly with staff and members in a courteous and friendly manner
- Hands-on application and use of computer systems and applications
- Solid planning, organizing and problem-solving skills. Effective management, team building, leadership and supervisory strengths. Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer services. Familiarity with sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Act that apply to public works and utilities
A valid Journeyman’s Ticket is an asset; must have own transportation and a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License; ability to operate and maintain department machinery and must provide a Criminal Record Check. Remuneration dependent on qualifications and experience.
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Submit a detailed resume to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886 Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.