Career Posting : Operations and Maintenance Manager – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: March 19, 2019 5:00 pm
The Operations & Maintenance Department (OMD) of the Dene Tha’ First Nation is currently accepting applications for a Manager. This full-time management position with benefits is based out of the Chateh Admin. Office. Open to DTFN Members Only.
This is technical, supervisory, and administrative work in the operations and maintenance of the Nation’s infrastructure within the three communities of Bushe River, Chateh and Meander River. Responsibilities involve the planning, coordinating and daily supervision of the activities for the DTFN Operations including roads and drainage, water treatment/distribution, wastewater collection/treatment, solid waste collection/disposal services, and public buildings and grounds.
- Supervising and coordinating the Operations & Maintenance Department
- Ensuring all tasks and projects performed by employees, specialists and contractors are carried out within Occupational Health and Safety standards, and other due diligence
- Developing, maintaining, and scheduling work programs for year-round service delivery
- Planning and directing preventative maintenance, repairs, and custom work
- Implementing program and service delivery evaluation procedures, reviewing existing trade contracts, and applying current technology to keep activities efficient, effective and customer service oriented
- Assisting the Director in the preparation of the annual and long-range work plans, and operational budget; monitoring the budget on a regular basis
- Determining labour, equipment and material required to effectively complete assigned tasks; ordering and obtaining resources required for assigned activities at work sites within approved DTFN budget and policy
- Planning for the addition or replacement of major equipment required by the Department
- Liaising with other First Nations, Provincial and Federal Governments, industry and DTFN members regarding funding, programs, and services
- Performing other related duties as required by the Director
- Graduate of a college/technical program, with 3 years related municipal type experience, 3 years supervision or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of current building standards and regulations, engineering plans and specifications, and Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations
- Ability to plan and direct the work of subordinate supervisors and staff; write semi-technical reports and correspondence; establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, Council, and other agencies/businesses
- Must be computer literate
Other requirements: A valid Journeyman’s Ticket is an asset; must have own transportation and a valid Alberta Driver’s License and must provide a Criminal Record Check.
Remuneration dependent on qualifications and experience.
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Submit a detailed resume to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.