Career Posting : Local Radio Announcer – ChatehView All Postings
Term: Short Term
Closing Date: June 18, 2021 5:00 pm
Open to DTFN Members
Local Open Posting – June 7-18/21
Dene Tha’ First Nation is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Local Radio Announcer for the community of Chateh. Must be friendly, responsible, good communication skills, and able to take direction. This part-time position would support the community of Chateh.
- Announce local/regional & global news, sports, local events, weather, time, local projects, public safety, and commercials both in English and Dene.
- Announce station program schedule, program updates, local events, culture activities and contests.
- Keep a logbook on station programming, guest speakers, recorded materials, phone calls and guest speakers.
- Comment on important news stories and take limited request from listeners.
- Read prepared scripts on radio regarding COVID-19 in English and Dene
- Provide commentary for audience during cultural events, at fire offering and on other occasions.
- Make promotional appearance at public or other events.
- Ability to work with computer equipment, various hardware, and websites.
- Prefer a high school diploma or (equivalent)
- Ability to work with the public and staff at all levels within the organization with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment.
- Read, understand and comply with DTFN safety policy, safe work practices, procedures and rules.
- Strong communication skills and willing to train-on-job to learn operate audio, production equipment and software.
- Speak and understand Dene language.
- Must have transportation to work and valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License and must provide a clear Criminal Record Check.
Friday June 18th, 2021
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or (780) 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.