Career Posting : Assisted Living Coordinator – Term Position – ChatehView All Postings
Term: Short Term
Closing Date: March 16, 2018 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ Social Development Program has a full-time position available for an Assisted Living (Homecare) Coordinator based out of the Health Centre in Chateh. This is a six (6) month term position, from approx. March to September 2018.
Reports to the responsible Director on all pertinent matters, updates long-range plans and sets priorities. Responsible for the support, facilitation, coordination, and initiation of the development of solutions/services and programs that address assessed social needs and DTFN priorities.
- Delivers effective programming by supervising and coordinating the operation of services provided within the prescribed department
- Works with community groups in development of program proposals and partnerships, funding research and proposals, policies and procedures, volunteerism, and volunteer opportunities
- Assists the responsible Director in the development of, and is accountable for, the annual program budget. Seeks appropriate grant funding, ensuring accurate administration and accountability
- Promotes public awareness of community social issues, Elder abuse awareness. Initiates or participates in needs assessment, planning and program evaluation as required
- Ensures that all financial reports and program reports are submitted on a timely basis to the funding agencies
- Must work closely with the Director and Income Support Coordinator in regard to any questions or concerns regarding the program operation or when doing the quarterly or annual reports
- Other related duties as required or assigned by the Director of Social Development
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma
- Previous experience in a social / human services work environment which includes past experience working within First Nations communities
- Must have excellent communication and written skills
- Must have solid planning, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Must have computer systems knowledge and be proficient in Microsoft computer software applications
- Strong ability to deal tactfully with clients in stressful situations
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license and reliable transportation
The successful candidate must provide a clear criminal record check and a child welfare clearance check. It is also crucial that the successful candidate be fluent in the Dene language, as the person will be doing ongoing interaction with all Elders within the three communities of Bushe River, Chateh, and Meander River.
Friday, March 16, 2018
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.