Career Posting : Addictions Counselor – ChatehView All Postings
Closing Date: April 28, 2017 5:00 pm
The Dene Tha’ First Nation Family & Community Wellness Services is seeking an Addictions Counselor to fill an available position in the community of Chateh. The position is located out of the Health Centre. This a full-time position with benefits.
- Provide drug and alcohol counselling to support individuals, families, and groups within Dene Tha’ community
- Provide counselling to individuals regarding the use and effects of alcohol and drugs
- Provide continuing support services to men & women for health/wellbeing
- Assist Individuals to identify need for a treatment program & to meet requirements
- Provide group counselling, as requested
- Ensure regulation, standards and guidelines are being followed
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all clients, conversations & referrals.
- Provide community education and support programs, as requested
- Access, gather and distribute relevant information & resources
- Make visits and presentations to various groups and organizations including school aged children
- Create and maintain current and accurate records of the number of clients assisted & issues
- Prepare activity report and special reports for Coordinator for yearly reporting
- Ability to be on call, including after hours and weekends
- Grade 12, supplemented with post-secondary courses in Addiction and four years related experience
- Certification in addictions training, and workshops
- Interpersonal skills and effective written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports
- First Aid/CPR a definite asset
Additional requirements: Lead an addiction free lifestyle, and be a role model for community; possess a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License; and provide a Criminal Record Check and a Child Welfare Clearance Check.
Friday April 28, 2017
Submit resumes to:
Elna Ahnassay, Personnel Services Coordinator
Dene Tha’ First Nation
P.O. Box 120 Chateh, AB T0H 0S0
Fax: (780) 321-3863 or 321-3886
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.